I recently decided to clean through my makeup collection as it was long overdue. I thought I’d share what I’m getting rid of let you know if I would repurchase the product or not and why. Perhaps I can do this every few months or so. Let me know if that would be interesting!
Let’s talk primers first
– Smashbox photo finish primer: I heard so many great reviews about this primer, and how fantastic it was. Personally I didn’t see the hype with it. I didn’t think it was bad, but I also thought I could get the same results from a more affordable primer. Therefore I would not repurchase.
– NYX Angel Veil Primer: Seeing how I’m getting rid of two already answers the questions if I’d repurchase this. I think this is a fantastic primer not only for the price but overall. It feels great on my skin and sets my makeup really well. Yes I’d repurchase.
– L’Oreal Lumi Cushion Compact: I’ll just cut right to it… I did not like this foundation. It looked so patchy on my skin, it dragged whether I applied it with the cushion, a brush, or blender sponge. It made my skin look oily. It just wasn’t good. This will not be repurchased.
– Maybelline BB Fresh: Thankfully this one applied better and while I like the idea of a B.B. cream for more casual makeup days, there was one problem with this one which was the finish. While it applied nicely as the day went on the product would separate specifically around my t-zone, and I would just look very oily. I might try the other B.B. cream from Maybelline in the blue package, but I would not repurchase this one.
– IT cosmetics CC+ Cream: Now this is a fantastic B.B. cream totally worth the price and hype. This is a medium to full coverage foundation that hides spots, texture etc without being heavy or feeling cakey. It applies nicely to the skin, looks natural and lasts all day. Yes I would repurchase this.
– L’Oreal True Match: If you saw my mini makeup haul a couple post back you will see I bought a new one of these, so yes I’d repurchase this product. This might be my favorite drugstore foundation of all time. I love it! It applies well to the skin whether I use a brush or sponge. I have used different primers and it always looks good. The coverage is medium but buildable. Like the CC+ it has a natural finish that looks good all day long.
– Maybelline Better Skin: I went through so many of these when this product came out several years back because it covered my spots so well. I would repurchase this because I know that it works well for me and as I said covers my spots well and helps my skin appear more even and less textured.
– Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define: After a couple times trying this product I went online and ordered not one not two but three (there was a sale), but still three! This is such a good concealer. It is a great dupe to the Too Faced Born This Way concealer. I actually prefer the Makeup Revolution one. Yes I would repurchase!
– Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: ok this might be gross, but I don’t know how long this specific concealer has been sitting in my makeup bin, so I haven’t used in a long time and therefore I have forgotten if I liked it or not. Have you tried this? If you have and remember what you thought about it let me know if you think it’s worth a repurchase!!
– Physicians Formula #InstaReady Concealer: While the Makeup Revolution is my #1 concealer this one is a close second. There have actually been a few times where I’ve thrown on primer, this concealer, and setting powder, and that was my makeup for the day. This concealer covers spots as well as a full coverage foundation without feeling heavy or like it’s just sitting on top of your skin. It looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning. Yes I would repurchase.
– Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara: The packaging of this is so cute and I was a fan of the wand however this made my lashes feel so dry and my God was it a pain to get off at night. I made my lashes look good (long and voluminous) but due to how it felt on my eyes and it being a pain to remove I don’t think I’d repurchase. Plus I have so many other mascaras I know work well and that I like a lot more.
– Estée Lauder Eye Pencil: This came as a freebie in a mascara gift set I bought so if I was going to buy it it would be a purchase not a repurchase I suppose. I will however not be buying this eyeliner. One for the fact I don’t wear eyeliner except for maybe once a year and when I do I prefer liquid, and second because I didn’t think this worked well. It just dragged along my eyelid and tugged at it. Perhaps it’s my minimal talent when it comes to eyeliner, but I never liked the outcome when I used this as it just looked sloppy.
– Kate for Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick: I forgot to look at what shade this was and I threw it away already *facepalm* I do know it was a light pink. I liked the shade of this lipstick, but not the finish as I felt it dried my lips out. There are other matte lipsticks I prefer over this one, so I would not repurchase.
And that is everything I’m getting rid of. I didn’t really think about what I’d repurchase until I sat down to put together this post, and I was quite surprised at how much I wouldn’t buy again. What are some products your pitching? Would you buy them again?! Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading! XX