Okay, so, I have no issues admitting that I am addicted to buying makeup because it’s 100% true and has been for the past 5 ish years. Now they do say admitting you have a problem is the first step, so there was me admitting my problem. Unfortunately for the longest time I wasn’t doing anything about it which led to a makeup collection that was way to unnecessary especially since I use the same 5-10 products unless I am testing out new stuff. Anyways I have come to the realization that I don’t need all the makeup I have and that I need to get better about returning products I don’t like or pitching things I haven’t used for a while or that have gone past their expiration dates. I am trying to get better about cleaning out my makeup, and I am not sure if this will be monthly, bi monthly or if it will just happen randomly.
I decided to do one of these clean outs yesterday and I am sharing what I am getting rid of. I will say unless a product 100% flops or doesn’t work for me personally I will keep it for about a month or two just so I can use it multiple times before I make a final decision on if I want to keep it or not.
Foundations and Powder
–Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder: I used this stuff in high school and for most of college, and I LOVED it. It was a ride or die, repurchase it over and over again product. Unfortunately when I tried it out a while back recently I didn’t get the same results I remembered getting which was disappointing. I didn’t find that the coverage was as good, so this is going goodbye!
– Maybelline 24 Hour Superstay Foundation: I wanted to love this foundation and while I found the coverage was great at the beginning and it applied well as the day went on this foundation made my skin look so oily and it would start to break up especially around my t-zone.
– Revlon Photo-Ready Instafix: I am really starting to get into stick foundations (yes I know I’m late to the party) and I saw that I had this in my makeup collection, so I decided to give it a try. Sadly this stick foundation was a thumbs down. This just didn’t work for at all. I had the hardest time applying it because no matter what I used it just seemed to grab onto the brush or sponge and not my skin. It would look like I had no product on, so therefore the coverage was non existent. This did not work for me.
Primer and Concealer
– Milani Prime Correct Face Primer: I suffer from pretty severe redness on my face especially on my cheeks, so if I see a product claiming to reduce redness I want to try it. I am a big fan of Milani, but unfortunately this product did not make my favorites list. I didn’t mind how it felt on my skin and I found it blended nicely, but it didn’t help reduce my redness, and that is what I was hoping for.
– Covergirl Revitalist Healthy Concealer: I am all about the new look of covergirl and I do think they are coming out this some really cool products, but this concealer is not one of them in my opinion (yours might be different and that is awesome!) I just found that this concealer did no…. concealing. After applying this I would still see my spots, and I know this isn’t full coverage, but I was still expecting some sort of coverage.
– Neutrogena Skin Clearing Concealer: This was another concealer that provided little to no coverage, and I was looking for something more.
-Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss: I have started getting more into lip products lately. I still haven’t decided if I am a lipgloss or lipstick kind of girl, but I have decided that these lipglosses did not work for me. I absolutely loved this color, but when I applied them they were way to sticky and I couldn’t deal with that feeling all day.
And that is everything I am getting rid of. I will say that this post is in no way to bash any of them companies. I have products from all of these ranges that I love and use all the time. I am just keeping it real in that not everything I try will be a favorite. Let me know if you do one of these clear outs or on an opposite note what products you have been LOVING lately!!
Thanks for reading! Xx