I shared my nightly skin care routine pretty much a month ago, and while I usually don’t switch out products this quickly (unless they are pretty bad) my skin recently had a really bad breakout especially around my chin (that is where I break out the most) and I also suffer from significant redness around my cheeks. I can’t remember a time where they weren’t red. I think the stress of moving and the fact I have been in a funk lately took a toll on my skin. I realized the products I were using weren’t helping me in the moment so I went to my skin care products draw and pulled out some different products to try in hopes that they would help clear my skin. Spoiler alert: they have!
I wasn’t expecting these products to make my skin looking incredible and clear of spots/redness. I realized a long time ago that with how my skin is that’s gonna take a dermatologist and/or a lot of money, but what I was looking for were products that would help clean out my skin and minimize my spots.
I alternate between these two washes.
– Don’t Be So Sensitive Find Here: My mom actually gave me this face wash when I was home in Michigan and was complaining to her about how red my face had been. The purpose of this wash is to use after post procedures such as waxing, but we figured I would try it to see if it helped reduce the redness on my face. I have noticed that while it hasn’t totally eliminated it it has helped to alleviate redness especially around my cheeks where it is typically the worst. I will also say a little of this goes a long way. I only use a dime sized drop and it will lather up to cover my entire face.
– Neutrogena Clear Pore Face Cleanser/ Mask Find Here: This has been a favorite product of mine for many years (not the same bottle of course) anytime I use this my skin feels so much cleaner and I will notice right away if not the next day my zits looking smaller and dried out. This works great both as a cleanser or a mask. I will say it has a cooling sensation when used as a mask and that will cause the redness to inflame, but it goes down shortly after being used.
Philosophy Micro Delivery Exfoliating Wash Find Here: This is a great product for cleansing away dead skin cells to reveal more clean and rejuvenated skin. I use this product 2-3 times a week. I like how gentle this wash is on my skin yet tough on dirt and impurities.
– Clean and Clear Astringent Find Here : I feel like I am back in my high school days using C&C. Anyways this astringent is great for drying out spots and removing impurities. I will put a couple squirts of this on a cotton pad and hold it down where I have several spots. After some time the spots are both dried out and minimized.
– Freeman Purifying Clay Mask Find Here: I use this mask 3-4 times a week and it leaves my skin feeling so squeaky clean. It draws out impurities and leaves my skin feeling so soft and moisturized.
-The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion Find Here: Tea Tree is a great product for acne prone skin at least it has been for me. This lotion helps control the oils of my skin specifically around my t-zone and well as helps dry out my spots.
– Shiseido Facial Cotton Find Here : I know what your thinking.. what is so great about cotton pads?! Well if you have used these ones, you know what is so great about them! Believe me I was in the same boat thinking all cotton pads are alike well they aren’t these ones are the best! They are gentle on skin yet so effective at taking off my makeup without any harsh rubbing.
And those are all of the products I am currently using to help out my skin. If you are wondering I use these products both in the morning and evening minus the exfoliator and face which I will use in the evening on varying days. What does your skin care routine currently look like?
Thanks for reading! xx