Today I wanted to share my thoughts on a couple makeup products that I have been using. I was going through a phase where I didn’t like any of the makeup I had especially my foundation. It always looked patchy, didn’t apply well and would always rub off no matter how much powder and spray I used. I know that’s such a minimal problem, but it was really frustrating because it was happening with some of my favorite foundations. Anyways I decided to try out some new products and a couple that I picked up where the CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream for oily skin and the CoverGirl Color Naturalizing Skin Primer.
I hadn’t read any reviews on either product, so they where purchased on a bit of a whim. What drew me to the BB cream was that it was specifically geared toward oily skin. And my skin has been very oily recently. Especially around my nose. If you’ve ever tried the Maybelline BB cream with the blue cap or the one with the white cap the consistency and texture of this is very similar to those. However unlike those products in my opinion and my experience I prefer this one a lot more. This one applies so nicely to my skin no matter if I use a brush or sponge. It blends in nicely into my skin and doesn’t look cakey. I would describe the coverage as medium but buildable.
With other foundations I was trying or using they would look great when I first applied it, but as the day went on it wouldn’t look as great and I’d come across problems I mentioned earlier. One big one was foundation wouldn’t stay on my nose no matter what I used for primer or spray it run right off especially around my nose. I won’t lie throughout the day some of this product will rub off, but for the most part it stays on pretty well.
My opinion of the primer won’t be as in depth as the foundation because I’m not really sure how detailed you can get about a primer… but anyways I was relatively surprised by this product. Having suffered from a lot of redness especially around my cheeks I have tried many different color reducing primers, and typically wasn’t super impressed with them. They did a good job at providing a base for my makeup, but in regards to reducing redness I didn’t notice a change. With this primer I actually see a difference after it is applied. This does a great job at helping to apply this BB cream really well. That is the only foundation I’ve used with this primer, so I don’t know how well it works with others. Overall I like everything about this primer: consistency, how it applies, lasting ability.
And those are my thoughts on a couple new products. Let me know if you’ve tried these and what you think.
Thanks for reading! Xx
Well I guess we can agree that fall is in full swing on this blog seeing as the last three post including this one have been fall themed. This wasn’t intentional, but I am totally fine with it.
Today I wanted to share a fall themed makeup look. I find that I am more open to experimenting with different makeup looks during the fall because I love some many of the colors that are in trend. I am in no means an expert or even that great at makeup, but it’s still something I enjoy doing.
All products I have used for this look have been mentioned on my blog in previous post
Today I wanted to share my 10 minute sometimes less makeup routine. Don’t get me wrong I love makeup and I love wearing makeup, but most days I don’t want to be spending 45+ minutes getting ready for the day. I’d much rather go for a simple, not very time consuming look.
Are you a full glam all the time kind of person or do you usually go for a more simple look? Let me know!
Here are all the products I use for my 10 minute makeup routine
- NYX Shine Killer Primer: My go-to primer at the moment. I love how it feels on my skin.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Treatment Makeup: My favorite foundation at the moment. The coverage is great, it applies well onto my skin and it lasts all day.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I think this is my most repurchased concealer ever. It is such a great concealer and a must have product in my opinion. Just like the foundation the coverage of this is great and it has pretty impressive lasting abilites
- ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer: I mainly use this just for the bronzer, but some days I do use the blush. I am not looking for an intense bronzer look just to look a bit more sun kissed.
- IBY Beauty Dessert Vibes Palette: I know this this is probably a palette more gear towards fall/winter looks since it is mainly warm toned, but I don’t base palettes I use off of seasons but more off of what I am liking at the moment. For an everyday look I typically will just use the shades Low Key and Cali Sun and blend them all over my eyelid and some days I will add the shade Insta Story over top.
- Tarte Maneater Mascara: Mascara is probably the product I rotate through the most. I will usually have 3-4 mascaras I am using at a time where as I will use the same foundation, concealer, finishing powder etc everyday for a while.
- Maybelline Setting and Perfecting Loose Powder: I love how soft this feels on my face. I don’t know if that is the right word, but hopefully it makes sense… Anyways aside from feeling lovely on my skin this does a great job at setting my makeup.
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Shade 10: I usually do not to a red lip, actually I pretty much never do a red lip as I am somewhat intimidated by it, but on this day I decided to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try. Not sure if I will do it more regularly now, but I will say I did like it.
And those are the products I use for my easy 10 minute makeup look. Let me know what your typical makeup routine looks like!
Thanks for reading! xx
Foundation– Sun Beige/ Eye Palette- limited edition/ Primer/ Eye Primer/ Lash Primer/ Mascara/ Concealer/ Bronzer/ Lipstick– Romantic Rose/ Finishing Powder
Here’s a story for you… Awhile back when I was talking with my mom she bet me $50 to not buy makeup until my husband and I came to visit them in Michigan. Well I ain’t getting my $50 because I lasted all of 4 ish weeks which is actually pretty good for me but still I lost the bet! There’s just so much stuff out there I want to try one of those things being a new foundation from Maybelline which is the product I will be talking about today. I did link other products used, but I am not going to talk about those in this post, so if you would like more info on any of the other items featured just comment below!
The Maybelline Superstay foundation claims to be full coverage, minimizes the appearance of flaws and imperfections, evens out, enhances, camouflages, doesn’t clog pores and more. Who wouldn’t want a foundation to do all of that?! I know I do which is why I bought this to see if it really can. I will note that today was the first day I tried this foundation, and I like using something several times before I make my decision on if I like it or not. I also like to apply it differently (sponge, brush) before I decide if it’s good or not. Today I applied it using a foundation brush and while I did think it applied well (a little goes a long way) as the day went on I found it was starting to get a bit patchy especially around my t-zone. I don’t know if this is due entirely to the foundation or perhaps the primer and finishing powder didn’t set it well, so that is something that can be determined after a few uses of the foundation. I do agree that when first applied,and a while after this product does seem to be full coverage, and I did find my skin to be more even with less texture apparent. However, as I mentioned as the day went on it begin to look patchy and my skin appeared quite oily. In regards to removal it came off easily with my face wash. Overall based off first impression I like how it applied and initially looked on my skin, but as the day wore on I wasn’t as big of a fan. Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts on it? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! xx